At IBOSS we are committed to incorporating ESG principles into our business.
There are major environmental problems facing the world we live in today, including climate change, deforestation, water pollution and loss of species.
We are constantly looking at where we can improve as a business and taking the necessary steps to help towards these causes in the most effective ways we can.
- This year we have donated to Wildlife Trust. A link to their website and some further information about the great work they do is below.
- We encourage employees, where we can, to work from home rather than commute and travel daily into the office.
- We have supported employees with the cycle to work scheme when office-based work is essential.
- As social distancing measures reduce, and going forward, we plan to continue more meetings internally and externally via online methods, rather than causing unnecessary travel for multiple parties.
- We have negotiated with the landlord of our leased office premises to have all light fittings replaced by the end of 2021 to the latest energy saving LEDs.
- All applicable material waste that comes from IBOSS is separated and recycled via specialised companies or the local council.
Social standards as an employer are very important to IBOSS.
Social impacts are far reaching from human rights and labour standards in the supply change, to workplace health and safety.
- IBOSS follow the ACAS codes best practice guidelines.
- This year we have donated to MIND. A link to their website and some further information about the great work they do is below.
- Good mental health at work and good management go hand in hand, and there is strong evidence that workplaces with high levels of mental wellbeing are more productive. We recognize addressing wellbeing at work will increase productivity and given the events of the past year we see this as more important than ever. We have regular catch-up meetings with our staff and operate an open-door policy.
- We are proud of our staff retention and the number of years key members of the team have worked for the business.
As a business, we believe it is vital to run good governance.
- We hold quarterly director board meetings, which includes the attendance of a director from Marlborough Fund Managers Limited.
- We ensure that we carry out relevant and strict due diligence with any external companies we work with.
- We are currently making plans and in the near future we will introduce an incentive for employees that will encourage them to participate in local events that will make a difference to our environment, as well as actively asking for suggestions as to how IBOSS as a business can improve our own ESG commitments.
We work on land and sea, from mountain tops to the seabed, from hidden valleys and coves to city streets. Wherever you are, Wildlife Trust people, places and projects are never far away, improving life for wildlife and people together. For more than a century, we have been saving wildlife and wild places and helping people to get closer to nature.
We look after more than 2,300 nature reserves, covering 98,500 hectares, and operate more than 100 visitor and education centres in every part of the UK, on Alderney and the Isle of Man.
We work closely with schools, colleges and universities, with hundreds of farmers and landowners, fishermen and divers; with thousands of companies, big and small; with community groups and other environmental organisations; with lotteries, charitable trusts and foundations; with politicians from across the political spectrum; with local and national governments; and more.
We provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect.
Every year, one in four of us will experience a mental health problem. But hundreds of thousands of people are still struggling.
We believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’ll listen, give you support and advice, and fight your corner.